Monday, March 26, 2018

WAC Annual Spring Fine Art Show Successful Opening

Well , my wife, Gloria, and I attended the Artist Reception for the Wickenburg Art Club's Annual Spring Fine Art Show (wickenburgartclub.org) yesterday and we were very pleased to find out that 3 of my 14 paintings on display had been awarded ribbons. "Wickenburg Alley Cats" was awarded First Place in the Acrylics category, "Two Palms on S. Tegner"  was awarded Second Place in the Acrylics category and "Sunday Morning in Wickenburg" was awarded Second Place in the Miniatures category.

It is my honor to be a first time participant in this annual fine art show and I highly recommend that if you are in Wickenburg between now and April 8, 2018, that you stop in at the Wickenburg Art Club (WAC) Art Center located at 188 S. Tegner Street. I think you will not be disappointed in the level of art on display.   Actually, if you want to see two great art shows there is also the 2018 Cowgirl Up!  exhibition and sale just two blocks from the WAC Art Center at the Desert Caballeros museum (https://westernmuseum.org) located at 21 N. Frontier Street.

And just to make an unsolicited recommendation, if you're looking for a great restaurant serving delicious Mexican food we suggest Anita's Cocina (http://anitascocina.com/) located at 57 N. Valentine Street. The best burritos I have ever had!  Check it out before or after you attend the shows and let me know what you think of the meal and/or the shows.

Thanks and take care.

Wickenburg Alley Cats

Two Palms on S. Tegner

Sunday Morning in Wickenburg

No comments: