Thursday, August 15, 2013

Waldoboro Paint the Town Paint Out & Auction

One thing I forgot to list on my post about my art activities this month...the plein air paint out and wet paint auction known as Paint the Town 2013 in Waldoboro, ME this Saturday in which I will be a participating painter.  According to the Cafe des Artistes www.cafedesartistes.bangordailynews.com/  "A grand tent will house the public reception and preview starting at 5 p.m., with music by cellist, April Reed-Cox, and hors d’oeuvres and wine served by volunteers from the Waldoboro Public Library. At 6 p.m., Carol Achterhof, of Thomaston Place Auction Galleries, will open the bidding for the fresh art created just hours before by more than forty of the area’s finest artists". I can attest to the fact that this is a great opportunity to get some very fine art at, sometimes, ridiculously low prices.  I think you'll find it well worth the trip and the weather is forecast to be great.  Hope to see you there.  Take care.
 


 
 
 



No comments: